JSC funding available for training at Rural Locum Forum
The Joint Standing Committee on Rural Issues (JSC) is pleased to announce funding for physicians and/or UBC Year 2 Family Practice Residents, who are providing – or considering to provide – locum services in rural BC communities to attend the Rural Locum Forum to be held in Nanaimo on February 25, 2017.
The following financial support will be provided to physicians who attend the Forum in return for a commitment to provide a minimum of 20 days locum service through the Rural GP, Specialist, or Anesthesia Locum Program within the next 12 months; the JSC will provide reimbursement for:
- Conference registration;
- Course costs for ACLS and/or The CARE Course;
- Up to $200/day for accommodation, and airfare/ferry/mileage.
All physicians who currently provide locum services in rural BC and all physicians who are considering providing locum services in rural BC communities are encouraged to attend this conference and take advantage of these courses being provided on a no cost basis. You will find this training will provide the skills and knowledge necessary to confidently provide locum services in rural BC communities.
For further information on this opportunity, and general information on the Forum, please contact:
Ella Fund-Reznicek, Senior Program Assistant, Rural Coordination Centre of BC (RCCbc)
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: 604 738 8222
Register now: http://ubccpd.ca/course/rural-locum-2017
Feb 25 (Sat) | Nanaimo, BC
Target audience: Rural locums, rural family physicians, residents or physicians interested in becoming a rural locum
Course Format: A mix of rural based presentations composed small groups, experience sharing, clinical case-based sessions, networking social events, hands-on ultrasound – and more!
Credits: 6.75 Mainpro+ and MOC Section 1 (plus many add-on courses to maximize your credit count)
- Pre-conference workshops to help maximize your time and education while in Nanaimo – including HOUSE (Ultrasound), The CARE Course, Neonatal Resuscitation Course (NRP), CASTED, ACLS and BLS!
- Acute Pulmonary Edema
- Rural Cases Provided By The Audience
- Locum Billing
- ER cases
- Providing Culturally Sensitive Care to Indigenous Communities
- network with other BC rural locums
- discuss BC rural health services
- engage in CME learning opportunities
- enroll in accredited pre-forum and post-forum courses: BLS, ACLS, The CARE Course, CASTED, HOUSE (ultrasound), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
For more information about the Rural Locum Forum, email Sharon Mah at email@example.com.