We are pleased to announce that beginning April 1, 2017, the Rural Locum CME program will replace the Rural GP Locum CME program. This expanded program will make funding available to GP, GPA and Specialist locum physicians to take rurally-relevant courses. The physician must be accepted by Locums for Rural BC prior to course commencement and application to the Rural Locum CME Program and be willing to provide a minimum of ten days of service to Locums for Rural BC within one year of completion of the course.
- Must have proof of acceptance into Locums for Rural BC prior to course commencement and application to the Rural Locum CME Program.
- The course(s) must be taken during the fiscal year in which the application is submitted. The fiscal year runs from April 1 – March 31.
- Locum physicians may access funding prior to providing service to Locums for Rural BC.
- ACLS Recertification – reimbursement of the course fee to a maximum of $350.
- Plus reimbursement of the course fee for one additional course to a maximum of $1000. Available courses are listed in the table below.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to a maximum of $1000.
- Reimbursement of accommodation expenses up to $200/night for up to three nights. For accommodation with family/friends, a maximum of $75/night for up to three nights may be claimed.
- Funds are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
|Course Name||Course Description|
|ACLS||Advanced Cardiac Life Support|
|ACLS Update||Advanced Cardiac Life Support – Recertification|
|AIME||Airway Interventions and Management in Emergencies|
|AIME||Airway Interventions and Management in Emergencies – Update|
|ALARM||Advances in Labour and Risk Management|
|ALSO||Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics|
|APLS||Advanced Pediatric Life Support|
|ATLS||Advanced Trauma Life Support|
|CARE||Comprehensive Approach to Rural Emergencies|
|CASTED||Hands-On Orthopedic Course|
|EDTU||Emergency Department Targeted Ultrasonography|
|HOUSE||Hands-On Ultrasound Education Program|
|PALS||Pediatric Advanced Life Support|
|PALS||Pediatric Advanced Life Support – Renewal|
|PoCUS||Point of Care Ultrasound|
|RnR Rounds*||Rural & Remote Emergency Medicine Rounds|
|SEMP||Simulation-assisted Emergency Medicine Procedures|
* a similar program is being developed at Lion’s Gate Hospital. This course will also be supported.
Courses not listed here will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the REAP office to inquire about courses not listed here.
Return of Service Obligation:
- Ten days of service to Locums for Rural BC within one year of completion of the course(s).
For program inquiries contact:
For claims and payments contact:
Download the Rural Locum CME Program Application Form – coming soon!