The purpose of this program is to improve rural physician retention and skills by increasing opportunities to receive advanced training and skill enhancement. Training opportunities under this program are flexible in timing. Rural physicians are eligible to apply for up to 60 days of funding per fiscal year.
- Physicians who have been practicing in a RSA community for at least nine months of the past year.
- Letter from the health authority confirming that the skill is needed in the community.
- $3,400 per week stipend to cover income loss.
- $450 per week is to be paid to the primary preceptor, from the weekly stipend.
- Travel costs up to $2,000 for the duration of the training period.
- Up to $1,000 per week for accommodation.
Funds are allocated on a first-come first-serve basis. REAP will not provide funding for courses or conferences, training received outside of BC unless previously approved, or training not relevant to the REAP approved training plan.
The application form and all supporting documents must be submitted prior to training, buy may be accepted up to one week prior to the end of the fiscal year in which the training began. The fiscal year runs from April 1 – March 31.