- The second pilot intake for the Practice Ready Assessment – BC program began in Fall 2015.
- PRA-BC is seeking a 0.6 FTE Clinical Director (contract) to support the PRA-BC program. Competition closes January 6, 2015. Read the posting description now.
- Practice Ready Assessment – BC program web page launched. Visit the HealthMatch BC web site now to learn more about this innovative pilot program.
- Joint Standing Committee on Rural Issues (JSC) commits $2.8 million to fund PRA-BC over the course of two years
- First session of PRA-BC physicians have completed their session and are heading to their rural communities. Read the media release now.
HealthMatch BC is currently accepting applications for the inaugural session of the Practice Ready Assessment – BC program.
This pilot program is for internationally-educated physicians who have completed residencies in Family Medicine outside of Canada, and will provide participants with a pathway to licensure in BC. A three-year Return of Service period in a rural community is required.
To learn about eligibility criteria for the program, please visit the HealthMatch BC web site.
The application deadline for the Spring 2015 intake is December 1, 2014.
The Ministry of Health, the College of Physicians & Surgeons of BC and other key stakeholders are actively pursuing the development and implementation of a “made in BC” International Medical Graduate (IMG) Practice Readiness Assessment Program. This program will help facilitate the entry of IMG physicians who are eligible for a BC provisional license into clinical medical practice.
RCCbc Recruitment and Retention Sector Lead, Dr. Alan Ruddiman, is a member of the IMG PRA steering committee and is actively bringing the rural BC perspective to the discussions held by this committee.
It is anticipated that a practice ready assessment process will be ready for review by Fall 2014.