The FP Anaesthesia Network (formerly the GP Anaesthesia (GPA) Network) is a collective of BC’s family practice trained anaesthetists (who, by and large, work in rural communities). First formed as a working group with the support of RCCbc in 2011, the FPA Network has evolved into an active group that engages with stakeholders, activities, and processes that are changing the very nature of the profession itself.
Dr. Kirk McCarroll, newly appointed Lead of the FPA Network, will continue the work of the organization which includes:
- updating the email list of existing FP Anaesthetists
- working with RCCbc leads for the Rural Obstetrics Network and the Enhanced Surgical Skills Working Group to discuss how the groups might collaborate to protect rural healthcare services
- contributing to the discussion around the use of continuous quality improvement to support GP anesthetists as the Provincial Privileging Dictionary is implemented across BC
- connecting with the BC Anaesthetists Society
- laying the groundwork for a study to help quantify the activities of FPAs in the province
- organizing accredited CME events for FPAs
To learn more about the FPA Network, contact Sharon Mah, Communications Manager via email or by phone toll-free at 1 877 908-8222.