Big White Ski Resort is a family-oriented winter playground recognized by Ski Canada Magazine as having the “Best Family Skiing.”
In addition to downhill skiing and snowboarding, there are lots more fun winter activities, including snowshoeing, tubing, skating, snowmobiling, dogsledding, horse-drawn sleigh rides and nordic skiing.
Located in the Monashee Mountains 56 km/35 mi from Kelowna, the largest city in the Okanagan Valley, this multi-award-winning resort is famous for mounds of dry powder.
The Coast Mountains shield the Okanagan Valley from wet Pacific air and that produces an average of 750 cm/25 ft of fluffy dry powder every year.
Town Population: 251 (2016 Census)
There are no in-community health services in Big White.
The nearest hospital is Kelowna.
- About RCCbc
- About the JSC
- About REAP
- Contact Us
- Education + CME/CPD
- Health career preparation
- Medical Students
- UBC RCPD
- Rural Courses
- Educational Calendar
- Practitioner support
- Rural Physicians
- REAP Programs
- JSC programs
- Rural Retention Program
- Rural Continuing Medical Education (RCME)
- Recruitment Incentive Fund (RIF)
- Recruitment Contingency Fund (RCF)
- Isolation Allowance Funds (IAF)
- Rural Emergency Enhancement Fund (REEF)
- Northern & Isolation Travel Assistance Outreach Program (NITAOP)
- San’yas: Indigenous Cultural Safety Training Program
- Doctors of BC rural programs
- Preceptor Training and Development
- Health Professionals
- Rural Communities
- RCCbc Initiatives
- Rural Health Services Support initiatives/Networks
- Knowledge-based initiatives
- Recruitment + Retention initiatives
- Rural Obstetrical and Maternity Sustainability Program (ROAM-SP)
- Grants and Awards
- Contact Us