May 30-31, 2014 | Penticton, BC
Digital copies of presentations from 2014 RECC can be requested from Sharon Mah, Communications Manager, RCCbc. Call 1-877-908-8222 (toll-free) or email her now.
This annual rural conference provides accessible, accredited, interprofessional CME and CPD for rural healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses, first responders, and paramedics.
There are three streams of study at the 2014 RECC conference:
- Emergency Medicine
- Wilderness Medicine – NEW – This one-day course will appeal to physicians who want to explore self-directed, austere environment emergency medicine and is ideal training for doctors who enjoy outdoor recreation or are interested in working Search and Rescue
- Mentorship – NEW – This stream will explore formal mentorship as well as other learning supports, including teaching, coaching and peer counselling. Ideal for healthcare professionals who are interested in teaching or who are looking to be mentored.
Participants may attend sessions from any of the three streams; however, seating is limited for select sessions. Register early to guarantee your seat.
- interactive small groups and interprofessional learning opportunities
- hands-on workshops
- faculty development
- complimentary childcare available during conference hours
- opportunities to socialize with colleagues
Accredited courses will be offered in addition to the RECC program. Participants MUST register for at least one day of the RECC conference to sign up for these courses
- The CARE Course – May 28-29
- The Shock Course – May 29
- ACLS – Experienced Provider – May 29
- The OB Ultrasound Course – May 30
- Wilderness Medicine – May 30 OR May 31
Please note that additional fees will be assessed for these courses. Seats are limited for these workshops so early registration is encouraged.
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT EVENT
2014 UBC Family Practice Okanagan Orchards
Rural Faculty Develpment Conference
Thursday, May 29 – 12:30 pm registration
Topics will include:
- Fast, Effective Teaching Pearls
- Practical Tools I Can’t Live Without
- Is My Resident Competent?
Thursday Meet ‘n’ Greet Reception and Early Registration
2014 RECC Day 1
2014 RECC Day 1 Evening Events
2014 RECC Day 2