Thank you for your interest in ReMBC! Let us help support you and your students!
Benefits of ReMBC
- Students learn to think critically and creatively about their personal experiences, passions and pursuits.
- Mentor/mentee pairs explore common interests and experiences, so mentors can provide personalized advice.
- Through the mentoring relationship, students set goals and plan the steps required to accomplish them.
- Mentors provide encouragement, and help students realize and reach their potential.
Who can be a mentee?
- Anyone! We can help students interested in: rural medicine, health sciences, science and technology, or any student that could benefit from learning study skills, life skills, and career options.
- eMentoring can also be part of a course or offered as a school extracurricular
Who are the mentors?
- Post-secondary Health Science Students all across BC.
- We choose the best mentors who are passionate about helping students.
- To ensure student safety, mentors go through an extensive application process and training.
- Mentors come from diverse backgrounds, and share their journey into the health sciences.
- We hand-match mentors with students based on their shared interests and experiences.
- Students complete 8 Personal Quests that complement the provincial Career Education learning standards. Topics include: study habits, allies, goal setting, career decisions, money management, and post secondary.
- Students explore these topics by playing games, watching videos, and doing fun activities
- Each Personal Quest has discussion questions for mentors and mentees
- eMentoring relationships last between a school semester to a school year
- Students should expect to commit 2-3 hours to eMentoring per week, but can go at their own pace.
The e-Mentoring team will:
- facilitate with the set up of your students on our online platform, MentorCity
- monitor all interactions between students and mentors to ensure student safety
You may be eligible to receive funding to implement eMentoring (up to $1000 for hosting an event).
That’s it! The e-Mentoring team coordinates all aspects of the program, to make your lives easier.