REAP helps financially support events that promote rural medicine. If you are hosting an event and would like to apply for support, please contact the REAP Program Assistant through the email address listed below.
Financial Sponsorship to Attend Conferences
REAP sponsors UBC medical students and family medicine residents to attend national and provincial rurally-focused medical conferences each year. This year’s offerings include:
- Medical students: Up to $1,200 for travel and accommodation expenses plus conference registration to attend RCCbc’s Rural Health Conference or SRPC’s Rural & Remote Medicine Course.
- Family Medicine Residents: Up to $1,200 for travel and accommodation expenses plus conference registration to attend RCCbc’s Rural Health Conference. Residents also receive complementary registration to the Rural Locum Forum if it’s held in conjunction with the Rural Health Conference.
- Must have an interest in exploring rural medicine upon completion of training and;
- Must be enrolled in the UBC MD Undergraduate Program or;
- Must be a second year UBC Family Practice resident at one of the following sites without a return of service agreement to an RSA Community*:
- St. Paul’s
- Surrey South Fraser
- Vancouver Fraser
*Residents from sites not listed above and those who are part of the Enhanced Rural Stream or who have a return of service commitment to an RSA Community are eligible for funding through the Rural Resident CME Program.
Complete the online survey below by December 31, 2019. Those selected for sponsorship will be contacted by the REAP office by January 31, 2020.APPLY HERE
For program inquiries contact:
REAP Program Assistant
University of British Columbia
#300 – 5950 University Boulevard
Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z3
P: 604 822-2675