Due to physical distancing measures, REAP staff is working remotely. During this time, please submit any application or claim forms by email instead of mail. If you have submitted an application or claim form by mail and have not received a response from our office, please contact us at REAPStudents@familymed.ubc.ca. Please include the approximate postage date, the nature of your communication and the name of the REAP Program your communication was regarding.
REAP helps financially support events that promote rural medicine. If you are hosting an event and would like to apply for support, please contact the REAP Program Assistant through the email address listed below.
Financial Sponsorship to Attend Conferences
REAP sponsors UBC medical students and residents to attend national and provincial rurally-focused medical conferences each year. Upcoming offerings include:
In light of physical distancing requirements implemented due to COVID-19, this year’s offerings will be offered virtually in order to provide access to safe, rurally-relevant content to you as best as we can under the present climate.
- Conference registration funding to attend RCCbc’s Rural Health Conference or SRPC’s Rural & Remote Medicine Course.
- Must have an interest in exploring rural medicine upon completion of training and;
- Must be enrolled in the UBC MD Undergraduate Program or;
- Must be enrolled in a UBC Specialty or Subspecialty Residency Program or;
- Must be a UBC Family Medicine Resident at one of the following sites without a return of service agreement to an RSA Community*:
- St. Paul’s
- Surrey South Fraser
- Vancouver Fraser
*Family Medicine Residents from sites not listed above and those who are part of the Enhanced Rural Stream or who have a return of service commitment to an RSA Community are eligible for funding through the Rural Resident CME Program.
Complete the online survey below between July 1 – January 31, 2021. Those selected for sponsorship will be contacted by the REAP office by February 28, 2021. Those not selected for sponsorship will be placed on a waitlist and contacted if a space becomes available.
For program inquiries contact:
REAP Program Assistant
University of British Columbia
#300 – 5950 University Boulevard
Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z3
P: 604 822-2675