- Is there sponsorship available for 1st year residents or specialty residents?Yes, beginning with the Spring 2021 conference season, sponsorship will be extended to all UBC residents who have an interest in exploring rural medicine.
- Is there any funding available for out-of-province students and residents?
Funding is only available for UBC students and residents.
- I missed the deadline! Is there any way for me to apply after the deadline?
If you’ve missed the deadline you may write to the REAP office to inquire about funding opportunities. Please tell us what program, year and which conference you are interested in attending.
- How many students and residents are chosen for sponsorship?
Since the conference venues change frequently, every year a budget is developed to determine how many learners can be selected for sponsorship. In recent years, we have supported approximately 30 learners to attend the Rural Health Conference and about 15 to attend the Rural & Remote Medicine Conference.
- Can I receive sponsorship if I’ve received it in the past?
You may apply again but priority will be given to those who have not previously received funding. You will only be offered sponsorship if the budget permits.
- Do you make travel arrangements for me?
No, it is up to you to make your own travel arrangements. Please make economical travel/accommodation arrangements as the funding is limited and has restrictions.
- What are your travel policies?
Our travel policies can be found here. We strongly recommend that you read through them carefully before making travel arrangements.
- Once I’m selected for sponsorship, how do I register for the conference?
You will be emailed instructions on how to register for the conference. Please do not register before receiving instructions from our office. If have already registered, please let us know.
- Are social events covered?
Typically social events are not covered under REAP sponsorship, unless specifically mentioned; however, you are welcome to attend.
- How do I receive reimbursement of my travel and accommodation expenses?
Upon confirmation of your sponsorship, you will be provided with additional information about the claim process. Claims may only be submitted after conference attendance.
- I wasn’t selected for sponsorship. Is there any other funding available?
If you are still eligible next year, we encourage you to reapply for REAP sponsorship once funding opportunities have been confirmed. Occasionally other organizations like the JSC or SRPC offer partial funding for conference sponsorship.
- Who can I contact if I have a question that’s not answered here?
- Where can I find more information about REAP?
Please visit: www.rccbc.ca/reap
- About RCCbc
- Latest News
- About REAP
- About the JSC
- Education + CME/CPD
- Health career preparation
- Medical Students
- UBC RCPD
- Rural Courses
- Educational Calendar
- Practitioner Support
- Rural Physicians
- REAP Programs
- JSC programs
- Rural Retention Program
- Rural Continuing Medical Education (RCME)
- Recruitment Incentive Fund (RIF)
- Recruitment Contingency Fund (RCF)
- Isolation Allowance Funds (IAF)
- Rural Emergency Enhancement Fund (REEF)
- Northern & Isolation Travel Assistance Outreach Program (NITAOP)
- San’yas: Indigenous Cultural Safety Training Program
- Doctors of BC rural programs
- Preceptor Training and Development
- Health Professionals
- Rural Communities
- Real-Time Virtual Support (RTVS)
- Rural Health Services Support initiatives/Networks
- Knowledge-based initiatives
- Recruitment + Retention initiatives
- Rural Obstetrical and Maternity Sustainability Program (ROAM-SP)
- Grants and Awards
- Contact Us