Due to physical distancing measures, REAP staff is working remotely. During this time, please submit any application or claim forms by email instead of mail. If you have submitted an application or claim form by mail and have not received a response from our office, please contact us at REAPStudents@familymed.ubc.ca. Please include the approximate postage date, the nature of your communication and the name of the REAP Program your communication was regarding.
The Rural Resident CME Program provides funding to offset the costs of travel, accommodation and course/conferences fees for eligible UBC Family Medicine residents to participate rurally-relevant courses and conferences.
- Funding for travel, accommodation and course fees to participate in HOUSE, CARE-R and ATLS*.
- Up to $1,200 of funding for travel and accommodation expenses plus conference registration to attend RCCbc’s Rural Health Conference or SRPC’s Rural & Remote Medicine Course.
- Must be a UBC Family Practice resident and;
- Must be training in the Indigenous Site or a training site that has an affiliation with a RSA Community:
- your training site is located in an RSA Community or;
- your training site has a rural focus or;
- you have a return of service commitment to an RSA Community.
- Courses are offered during the second year of residency.
- You may choose to participate in a rural conference once during your two year residency.
Eligible residents will be contacted by the REAP office once course and conference offerings are confirmed which is typically in July.
* Funding for ATLS is provided through the Rural Resident CME Program only when it is not considered mandatory by your training site.