MaBAL Coaching Sessions
December 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Registered Midwives and Registered Nurses have been providing coaching sessions for nurses as part of MaBAL outreach. The coaching sessions, which run on Thursdays at 12 noon Pacific, are geared towards nurses supporting maternity care in rural sites.
The MaBAL Coaching Sessions are interactive and designed to be a way for you to network with other rural providers. We strongly encourage participants to be on camera and to come off mute to take part in discussions.
The popular sessions started in January 2022 and covered a range of topics through interactive case discussions. Topics covered included First Trimester Bleeding, Imminent Delivery, Infant Nutrition and Breastfeeding, Cord Prolapse, Discharge Education in Early Labour, Perinatal Loss, and NRP, among other great topics.
Upcoming sessions include:
- Oct. 27 NRP basics Part 1 Equipment and Initial assessments – with RM Celina Laursen
- Nov. 3 Breastfeeding – common concerns and problem solving – with RM Joyce Totton
- Nov. 10 NRP basics Part 2 – with RM Celina Laursen
- Nov. 17 Med Series – Oxytocin Titration Case Study – with RN Andrea McKenzie
- Nov. 24 NRP basics Part 3 – with RM Celina Laursen
Anyone with any feedback about the previous sessions is encouraged to fill out an evaluation form (if you have not already done so) so that we can continue to improve the sessions. Please continue to send through future case / topic ideas through this form.
For more on the MaBAL Coaching sessions visit rccbc.ca/initiatives/rtvs/mabal/.