- This event has passed.
MaBAL Coaching Sessions
December 15, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until March 30, 2023
Registered Midwives and Registered Nurses have been providing coaching sessions for nurses as part of MaBAL outreach. The coaching sessions, which run on Thursdays at 12 noon Pacific, are geared towards nurses supporting maternity care in rural sites.
The MaBAL Coaching Sessions are interactive and designed to be a way for you to network with other rural providers. We strongly encourage participants to be on camera and to come off mute to take part in discussions.
The popular sessions started in January 2022 and covered a range of topics through interactive case discussions. Topics covered included First Trimester Bleeding, Imminent Delivery, Infant Nutrition and Breastfeeding, Cord Prolapse, Discharge Education in Early Labour, Perinatal Loss, and NRP, among other great topics.
Upcoming sessions include:
- Jan. 12 – Perinatal Quality of Care: Review of the new SOGC Guidelines on Postpartum Hemorrhage & Hemorrhagic Shock (Released Dec 2022)
- Jan. 19 – Quality of care in Maternity – Part 2 – Care Planning for Complex Social/Medical Patients with RM Tanya Momtazian
- Jan. 26 – Medication Series – Part 1 – TBC – with RM Joyce Totton
- Feb. 2 – Medication Series – Part 2 – TBC – with RM Joyce Totton
- Feb. 9 – Medication Series – Part 3 – TBC – with RM Joyce Totton
Anyone with any feedback about the previous sessions is encouraged to fill out an evaluation form (if you have not already done so) so that we can continue to improve the sessions. Please continue to send through future case / topic ideas through this form.
For more on the MaBAL Coaching sessions visit rccbc.ca/initiatives/rtvs/mabal/.