Nestled in the mountains of the beautiful West Kootenays you’ll find the “Heart of the Beaver Valley”.
Located 15 km east of Trail, the city voted the #1 Sports Community in BC, Fruitvale is one of five municipalities (Rossland, Warfield, Trail, Montrose, & Fruitvale) that encompass the area known as Greater Trail.
Fruitvale is the hometown of 2003 NHL Rookie of the Year Barrett Jackman, 1996 NHL Stanley Cup winner Adam Deadmarsh, World Cup Skier Diana (Dee Dee) Haight and the inventor of the “Flying Car” Paul Moller.
As a “sports minded” community, Fruitvale is also home to the Junior ‘B’ Cyclone Taylor Cup winning Beaver Valley Nite Hawks Hockey Club, Beaver Valley Little League, Beaver Valley Youth Soccer, Beaver Valley Cross Country Ski Club, Youth Bowling, and the Beaver Mountain Snowmobile Club. Close by are Champion Lakes Golf & Country Club, Champion Lakes Provincial Park, and the Beaver Valley Family Park & Campground.
Fruitvale is a clean air community with spectacular natural scenery, unique shopping and friendly people. If rural living at it’s best is what you are looking for, you’ll find it here in Fruitvale.
Smelting and refining, lumber production, retail and service.
Town Population: 1,920 (2016 Census)
Health Administrative Information
Health Authority: Interior Health
Health Service Delivery Area: Kootenay Boundary
Regional District: Kootenay Boundary
Rural Designation: RSA community
RRP Designation: B
RRP Points: 16.20
Practitioner + Clinic information
General Practitioners: 7 (www.cpsbc.ca) + 2 Specialty Practise
Clinics Beaver Valley Clinic1957 Columbia Gardens Rd Fruitvale, BC V0G 1L0 P: 250-367-9211
Fruitvale Pharmacy (1989) Ltd.
1942 Main Street
Fruitvale, BC, V0G 1L1
P: 250 367-9331E
1937 A Main Street
Fruitvale, BC, V0G 1L0
P: 250 367-0269
- About RCCbc
- About the JSC
- About REAP
- Contact Us
- Education + CME/CPD
- Health career preparation
- Medical Students
- UBC RCPD
- Rural Courses
- Educational Calendar
- Practitioner support
- Rural Physicians
- REAP Programs
- JSC programs
- Rural Retention Program
- Rural Continuing Medical Education (RCME)
- Recruitment Incentive Fund (RIF)
- Recruitment Contingency Fund (RCF)
- Isolation Allowance Funds (IAF)
- Rural Emergency Enhancement Fund (REEF)
- Northern & Isolation Travel Assistance Outreach Program (NITAOP)
- San’yas: Indigenous Cultural Safety Training Program
- Doctors of BC rural programs
- Preceptor Training and Development
- Health Professionals
- Rural Communities
- RCCbc Initiatives
- Rural Health Services Support initiatives/Networks
- Knowledge-based initiatives
- Recruitment + Retention initiatives
- Rural Obstetrical and Maternity Sustainability Program (ROAM-SP)
- Grants and Awards
- Contact Us