Are you looking for:
- collegiality and peer support in a rural practice setting?
- an opportunity to learn from an experienced physician and build clinical confidence in a rural community?
- a chance to share your rural knowledge and experiences?
Consider joining a Rural Locum Team! This initiative involves the deployment of locum physicians into rural BC communities in pairs or teams.
Physicians who are new or transitioning to rural practice are invited to be part of a Rural Locum Team. We also encourage physicians with strong rural skill sets to join a team and share their knowledge and experience.
There are several team models:
- Mentee/Mentor – one or more physician(s) new to rural practice matched with an experienced rural physician. The mentor may be a local community physician or an itinerant locum physician. Mentees are matched with mentors based on interest and availability. Mentors are remunerated and eligible to receive up to 5 Mainpro+ self-learning credits for their participation in the program. Download an information sheet for mentors now
- Peers – two or more physician colleagues who locum together in a rural community.
- Group coverage – a small group of new grads and several experienced rural physicians committed to a several month block in one or more rural communities.
Contact us to learn more
t: (604) 970-4908 | e: email@example.com
The Rural Locum Team initiative is a partnership between the Rural and Remote Division of Family Practice and RCCbc.