A specific recruitment fund was established as an incentive to assist communities served by the RSA with recruiting expenses where the difficulty in filling a vacancy is, or is expected to be, especially severe and where the failure to fill the vacancy in a timely manner would have a significant impact on the delivery of medical care required by the health authorities Physician Supply Plan. To be eligible for these funds, physicians must be recruited from outside of eligible RSA communities.
The funds may be used for the following purposes:
- To cover recruiting expenses (i.e. advertising, interview visits and relocation expenses).
- To supplement the incentive fund benefit payable to recruited physicians.
- Physicians recruited to fill a vacancy or pending vacancy in an RSA community.
- Physicians must be recruited from outside an RSA community.
- The Health Authority must submit to the Ministry of Health – Rural Programs an application and written explanation of how the funding will by used.
Download the Recruitment Contingency Fund Application.
For information contact:
Rural Practice Programs
Ministry of Health Services
3-2, 1515 Blanshard Street
Victoria, BC, V8W 3C8
P: 250 952-2754
F: 250 952-3486