Recruitment incentives are financial benefits available to physicians recruited to fill vacancies or pending vacancies that are part of a Physician Supply Plan in RSA communities.
- The incentive amounts vary based on the community designation as follows:
‘A’ Communities: $20,000
‘B’ Communities: $15,000
‘C’ Communities: $10,000
‘D’ Communities: $ 5,000
- Funding is pro-rated for physicians working less than full-time.
- A physician is obligated to repay this benefit if he or she leaves the community less than one year after commencing work.
- Any physician recruited to fill a vacancy or pending vacancy in a RSA community.
- Physicians must be recruited from outside an eligible RSA community.
For information contact:
Rural Practice Programs
Ministry of Health Services
3-2, 1515 Blanshard Street
Victoria, BC, V8W 3C8
P: 250 952-2754
F: 250 952-3486