The FP Anaesthesia Network is a collective of BC’s family practice-trained anaesthetists (who, by and large, work in rural communities). First formed as a working group with the support of RCCbc in 2011, the FPA Network has evolved into an active group that engages with stakeholders, activities, and processes that are changing the very nature of the profession itself.
Led by Dr. Kirk McCarroll, the FPA Network:
- maintains an active email list of FP Anaesthetists
- works with RCCbc leads for the Rural Obstetrics Network and the Enhanced Surgical Skills Working Group to discuss how the groups might collaborate to protect rural healthcare services
- contributes to the discussion around the use of continuous quality improvement to support GP anesthetists as the Provincial Privileging Dictionary is implemented across BC
- connects with the BC Anaesthetists Society
- lays the groundwork for a study to help quantify the activities of FPAs in the province
- organizes accredited CME events for FPAs
To learn more about the FPA Network, email RCCbc at email@example.com, or phone 1 877 908-8222 (toll free).