Eligibility for the Rural Physician Research Grant Program
Rural physician researchers can apply for a research grant of up to $10,000 to support research activities.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- A physician practicing rural medicine and with demonstrable connections to rural communities.
- Carrying out research pertaining to advancing health in rural British Columbia.
To be considered for a grant, you must submit a complete application package. The complete package must include the following:
- Application form (Note: To enable fillable fields in this form, save the PDF to your computer and open in Adobe Acrobat).
- Research proposal and budget form (Maximum 3 pages)
Download, save and complete a copy of this form and attach to your application email.
- Current CV of principal investigator(s)
- Letter of support from local hospital chief of staff or health authority medical director
- Reference letter from a clinician in an Rural Subsidiary Agreement community
- If conducting research with First Nations communities, please provide letter(s) of support from Band Council(s) of the participating communities
Your application package must be submitted to Dan Harper at [email protected] by the next intake, April 30, 2024.
Please visit our RPRGP FAQs page for detailed answers to frequent questions about eligibility and the application process.
Get help with your application
We encourage applicants to reach out to a member of our research team, below, who can review and provide feedback on your application. They can also offer advice on the research process, ethics approval, and research resources.