- This event has passed.
OSS Virtual Rounds: Global Surgery Panel
July 11 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Obstetrical and Enhanced Surgical Skills Virtual Round: Global Surgery Panel
Global Surgery Panel Discussion
- Dr. Paul Thistle – University of Toronto trained specialist (OBS/GYN) who has practiced in rural Zimbabwe for 27 years.
- Dr. Vikki Haines – Family Practice Enhanced Surgical Skills-trained physician based in Revelstoke.
- Dr. Ryan Falk – Family Practice Enhanced Surgical Skills-trained physician based in Chilliwack and the Northwest Territories.
- Dr. Faizal Haji – Pediatric Neurosurgeon and PhD researcher interested in education and global surgery based at BC Children’s Hospital and the University of British Columbia.
- Dr. Shahrzad Joharifard – pediatric surgeon with a passion for global health, particularly in conflict and post-conflict settings based at BC Children’s Hospital.
Virtual Rounds Objectives
- Share best practices amongst OSS/ESS providers
- Case review with peers
- Provide CPD opportunities
- Network OSS/ESS practitioners and residents across Canada