Due to physical distancing measures, REAP staff is working remotely. During this time, please submit any application or claim forms by email instead of mail. If you have submitted an application or claim form by mail and have not received a response from our office, please contact us at REAPPhysicians@familymed.ubc.ca. Please include the approximate postage date, the nature of your communication and the name of the REAP Program your communication was regarding.
Closer to Home CME funding provides groups of rural BC physicians up to $5,000 to encourage and assist financially with accessing rurally-relevant training in their communities.
Courses and workshops supported by Closer to Home CME funding are ideally delivered on the front lines and are:
- based on community need
- open to interprofessional participants
- evaluated both before and after the course
CME organizers may apply for up to $5,000 to offset the costs associated with delivery of a course and/or workshop. Efforts should also be made to use reverted CME and/or RCME funds to help defray the expenses for CME delivered in-community. The training undertaken by rural physicians should not be supported by pharmaceutical companies.
An application must be submitted along with all the required supporting documents prior to the training commencing.
- participant list including contact information
- summary of the costs and sources of funding
- letter from the local Hospital Chief of Staff or Health Authority Regional Medical Director confirming a need for the training in your community. If the applicant is the Hospital Chief of Staff, this letter must be from the Health Authority Regional Medical Director.
Upon approval of the application, funds may be used to cover faculty time, travel, support other health care practitioner attendance, or other reasonable expenses approved within the budget.
Funds for the Closer to Home CME Strategy will be disbursed on a first-come, first-served basis.
For program inquiries, contact:
Download the Closer to Home CME Application (Download the form and open in Acrobat to enable fillable fields in this form)