REAP helps financially support events that promote rural medicine. If you are hosting an event and would like to apply for support, please contact the REAP Program Assistant through the email address listed below.
Financial Sponsorship to Attend Conferences
REAP sponsors UBC medical students and residents to attend national and provincial rurally-focused medical conferences each year. Upcoming offerings include:
Conference organizers will be adhering to local and national physical distancing requirements. At present, the plan is deliver the conferences in person, but may be adjusted as required.
- Conference registration funding to attend RCCbc’s Rural Health Conference or SRPC’s Rural and Remote Medicine Course.
- Reimbursement of up to $1,200 of actual travel and accommodation expenses.
- Must have an interest in exploring rural medicine upon completion of training and;
- Must be enrolled in the UBC MD Undergraduate Program or;
- Must be enrolled in a UBC Family Medicine, Specialty or Subspecialty Residency Program.
Complete the online survey below between September 1–January 31, 2023. Those selected for sponsorship will be contacted by the REAP office by February 28, 2022. Those not selected for sponsorship will be placed on a waitlist and contacted if a space becomes available.