REAP helps financially support events that promote rural medicine. If you are hosting an event and would like to apply for support, please contact the REAP Program Assistant through the email address listed below.
Financial Sponsorship to Attend Conferences
REAP sponsors UBC medical students and residents to attend national and provincial rurally-focused medical conferences each year. Upcoming offerings include:
- Conference registration funding to attend RCCbc’s Rural Health Conference or SRPC’s Rural and Remote Medicine Course.
- Reimbursement of up to $1,200 of actual travel and accommodation expenses.
- Must be enrolled in the UBC MD Undergraduate Program or;
- Must be enrolled in a UBC Family Medicine, Specialty or Subspecialty Residency Program and;
- Must have an interest in exploring rural medicine upon completion of training.
Apply to REAP’s Rural Conference and Events Sponsorship Program online between September 1 – January 31 for the upcoming Spring conference season. Those selected for sponsorship will be contacted by the REAP office by February 28.