RCCbc’s annual BC Rural Health Conference (RHC) is more than just continuing medical education—it’s about connecting rurally based colleagues and fostering community and collaboration. This highly anticipated event is a favourite for rural doctors across British Columbia.
Although CME is a major component of the BC Rural Health Conference, the biggest advantage to attending this event is the chance to reconnect with rural health colleagues during the conference and its numerous social and networking events.Dr. Nicole Ebert, Lead, BC Rural Health Conference
Join us for BC RHC 2023 in Whistler
Register now for RCCbc’s 2023 BC Rural Health Conference at the Westin Resort and Spa in scenic Whistler on June 2–4, 2023. The program features dozens of rurally focused lectures, breakout sessions and hands-on skills workshops—and we’re building in even more time for you to network and enjoy everything Whistler has to offer.
- 50+ interactive plenary and breakout sessions tailored for rural practitioners, covering current and emerging trends in rural medicine
- Social and networking events to connect with rural colleagues
- Pre-conference courses:
- The CARE Course Goes WILDE
- Basic Suturing
- Advanced Minor Skin Procedures
- CASTED: Emergency
- All Our Parts
- Hands-on skills workshops:
- Intrauterine Device Insertion
- Caring to Care: Health Humanities, Cultural Humility, Storytelling and Physician Resilience in Rural BC
- Contraceptive Implant Insertion
- Ultrasound-guided MSK Interventions: A focused pain medicine hands-on workshop
- Handheld Ultrasound Workshop for Rural/Remote Generalists
- Airway Management in Low-resource Settings
- Trauma-sensitive Health Coaching: Empowering the traumatized patient
- Rural locums networking lunch
- Presentation of the BC Rural Health Awards
- Wellness activities, including yoga, hikes and chair massages
- Free childcare during conference hours
Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates: @RCCbc #BCRHC
Call for Abstracts
Do have a project or concept that you’d like to share with rural physicians and other healthcare providers? The BC Rural Health Conference is now accepting poster abstract applications for a selection of posters that will be displayed throughout the conference venue. Topics may include improving the rural health of patients and communities, cultivating rural innovations, creating high-quality health system improvements across British Columbia or globally, and more. For more information, email Tracey DeLeeuw with questions.
- 4-star resort located in the heart of Whistler Village, steps away from world-class shopping and restaurants
- Walking distance to Whistler and Blackcomb gondolas
- All rooms equipped with family-friendly kitchens and fireplaces
- Complimentary WiFi access
- Rooms rates starting at $249.00 + taxes
- Conference room rates available until May 1st, based on room availability.
Due to limited availability, access to the conference group rates are available only to registered delegates. Instructions on how to book online will be emailed to you with your registration confirmation.
Funding to attend the BC Rural Health Conference
The Rural Education Action Plan (REAP) sponsors UBC medical students and residents to attend national and provincial rurally focused medical conferences each year. Applicants must have an interest in exploring rural medicine upon completion of training. They must also be enrolled in the UBC MD Undergraduate Program or in a UBC family medicine, specialty or sub-specialty residency program. Visit REAP’s Sponsored Events and Rural Conferences page for more details.