RCCbc’s annual BC Rural Health Conference (RHC) is more than just continuing medical education—it’s about connecting rurally based colleagues and fostering community and collaboration. This highly anticipated event is a favourite for rural doctors across British Columbia.
Although CME is a major component of the BC Rural Health Conference, the biggest advantage to attending this event is the chance to reconnect with rural health colleagues during the conference and its numerous social and networking events.Dr. Nicole Ebert, Lead, BC Rural Health Conference
Join us for RHC 2023 in Whistler
Mark your calendars for the BC Rural Health Conference in scenic Whistler on June 2–4, 2023. This program features dozens of rurally-focused lectures, breakout sessions and hands-on skills workshops. And we’re building in even more time for networking and opportunities to enjoy everything Whistler has to offer. Look for registration to open in mid-February!
- Interactive group sessions and inter-professional learning opportunities
- Don’t miss a thing! Most sessions will be recorded so you can access them on-demand after the conference
- Pre-conference courses and workshops available
- Presentation of the BC Rural Health Awards
- Wellness opportunities, including hiking trips, off-site excursions, and more
- Family-friendly event with complimentary childcare during conference hours
- Opportunities to socialize and network with colleagues from across the province and beyond
To save the date, add the event to your calendar.
Call for Abstracts
Do have a project or concept that you’d like to share with rural physicians and other healthcare providers? The BC Rural Health Conference is now accepting poster abstract applications for a selection of posters that will be displayed throughout the conference venue. Topics may include improving the rural health of patients and communities, cultivating rural innovations, creating high-quality health system improvements across British Columbia or globally, and more. To apply, please complete the application form and email Tracey DeLeeuw with questions.
- 4-star resort located in the heart of Whistler Village, steps away from world-class shopping and restaurants
- Walking distance to Whistler and Blackcomb gondolas
- All rooms equipped with family-friendly kitchens and fireplaces
- Complimentary WiFi access
- Rooms rates starting at $249.00 + taxes
- Conference room rates available until May 1st, based on room availability.
Due to limited availability, access to the conference group rates are available only to registered delegates. Instructions on how to book online will be emailed to you with your registration confirmation.
Highlights from RHC 2022
RHC 2022 was held on the shores of Okanagan Lake in beautiful Penticton, British Columbia. In addition to plenaries by breakout sessions, delegates participated in several workshops on cultural safety, basic and advanced suturing, and how to say no with joy. The Rural Locum Networking Luncheon and receptions and dinners at local wineries and eateries provided opportunities for connection. And pre-conference courses, including HOUSE-OB, HOUSE-EM, CASTED: Emergency, and The CARE Course were also well attended.
Funding to attend the BC Rural Health Conference
The Rural Education Action Plan (REAP) sponsors UBC medical students and residents to attend national and provincial rurally focused medical conferences each year. Applicants must have an interest in exploring rural medicine upon completion of training. They must also be enrolled in the UBC MD Undergraduate Program or in a UBC family medicine, specialty or sub-specialty residency program. Visit REAP’s Sponsored Events and Rural Conferences page for more details.