The Isolation Allowance Funds (IAF) are available for physicians providing necessary medical services in eligible RSA communities with fewer than four physicians and no hospital, and who do not receive Medical On-call Availability Program (MOCAP), Call-Back or Doctor of the Day payments.
- The IAF is a stipend available to physicians in very isolated rural
communities for recognition of the emergent care provided.
- Payments are calculated and disbursed on an annual basis.
- For 2013/14, the payments ranged from $9,079 to $52,282 per
- Physicians must provide necessary medical services in an eligible
RSA community with fewer than four physicians and no hospital.
- Physicians must not already receive Medical On-call Availability
Program (MOCAP), Call-Back, or Doctor of the Day payments.
For more information, see the Isolation Allowance Fund Policy.
For information contact:
Rural Practice Programs
Ministry of Health Services
3-2, 1515 Blanshard Street
Victoria, BC, V8W 3C8
P: 250 952-2754
F: 250 952-3486