The Rural Physician Research Support Project is a new initiative which aims to empower rural physician researchers – or new aspiring researchers – to pursue innovative rural research and knowledge translation projects contributing to advancing rural health in BC.
Through this project, rural physician researchers will be able to apply for research grants of up to $10,000 per year to support research activities. To be eligible, applicants must be a physician with experience practicing rural medicine and demonstrable extensive connections to rural communities. The research must be pertaining to advancing health in rural BC.
For more information about this opportunity contact Adrienne Peltonen.
The Rural Physician Research Support Project is run by the Rural Coordination Centre of BC and supported by the Joint Standing Committee on Rural Issues.
To be considered for a grant, you must submit a complete application package. The complete package must include the following:
- Rural Physician Research Support Project Application Form (save the PDF to your computer and open in Acrobat to enable fillable fields)
- Current CV of Principal Investigator and Co-Principal Investigators (if applicable)
- Research Proposal and Budget (max. 3 pages) – Please use the Rural Physician Research Support Project Proposal Form (Download a copy, save and attach to your application email)
- Letter of support from local Hospital Chief of Staff or Health Authority Medical Director
- Reference letter from a clinician in an RSA community
- If conducting research with First Nations communities, please also provide letter(s) of support from Band Council(s) of the participating communities
Your application package must be submitted to Adrienne Peltonen at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2021.
We encourage applicants to reach out to our team who can review and provide feedback on your application and offer advice on the research process, navigating ethics, and connecting to research resources. For research advice and support applicants are invited to reach out to Jason Curran at email@example.com.
For general questions about the RPRSP program please contact Adrienne Peltonen at firstname.lastname@example.org.