About the Rural Physician Research Grant Program
The Rural Physician Research Grant Program aims to empower rural physician researchers – or new aspiring researchers – to pursue innovative rural research and knowledge translation projects contributing to advancing rural health in BC.
Why apply for a Rural Physician Research Grant?
Rural physician researchers can apply for a research grant of up to $10,000 to support research activities.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- A physician practicing rural medicine and with demonstrable connections to rural communities.
- Carrying out research pertaining to advancing health in rural BC.
To be considered for a grant, you must submit a complete application package. The complete package must include the following:
- Rural Physician Research Grant Application Form (save the PDF to your computer and open in Acrobat to enable fillable fields)
- Research Proposal and Budget (max. 3 pages) – Please use the Rural Physician Research Grant Proposal Form (Download a copy, save and attach to your application email)
- Current CV of Principal Investigator and Co-Principal Investigator(s) (if applicable)
- Letter of support from local Hospital Chief of Staff or Health Authority Medical Director
- Reference letter from a clinician in an RSA community
- If conducting research with First Nations communities, please also provide letter(s) of support from Band Council(s) of the participating communities
Your application package must be submitted to Adrienne Peltonen at email@example.com by the next intake, October 31, 2022.
We encourage applicants to reach out to our team who can review and provide feedback on your application and offer advice on the research process, navigating ethics, and connecting to research resources. For research advice and support applicants are invited to reach out to Jason Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the stories below to learn more about past RCCbc funded research projects:
For general questions about the Rural Physician Research Grant program please contact Adrienne Peltonen at email@example.com.
The Rural Physician Research Grant is run by the Rural Coordination Centre of BC and supported by the Joint Standing Committee on Rural Issues.