A virtual gathering with communities
RCCbc, the Joint Collaborative Committees, and First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) are co-hosting a follow up event to the January 2019 Provincial Health Care Partners’ Retreat on June 29 + 30, 2020. This meeting will be held virtually, and will provide us, as partners in health and wellness, an opportunity to collaboratively plan, facilitate, and communicate to improve rural access, quality, and efficiency, and to create a healthcare system legacy extending and learning from the disruptive changes of COVID-19.
During the January 2019 gathering, over 250 leaders in BC participated in the two-day BC Provincial Health Care Partners Retreat to reflect on and shape changes to improve rural and First Nations health equity in BC. This retreat was facilitated by FNHA and the RCCbc to create a feedback loop into rural Primary Care Networks. The following priority areas were identified:
- Co-creating culturally safe and humble primary health care.
- Designing, planning for and implementing Team-Based Care.
- Increasing citizen and community involvement in health care transformation processes.
- Improving access (Virtual Care) and transitions (Transport) for patients in rural and remote
Over the last year Provincial Partners’ dialogues and efforts have actively progressed and advanced in all four (4) areas. The changes include facilitation of rapid adoption of virtual care, First Nations Doctor of the Day and a virtual rural urgent primary care centre, the creation of a patient survey on Cultural safety, the Premier’s announcement on transport, and gathering of evidence on fit for purpose training in healthcare.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to see all frequently asked questions
How the Summit will flow on both days
Registration for this event is now closed. If you’d like to receive updates about the outcomes of the Summit this summer/fall, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request to be a Facilitator
We have a full complement of facilitators for the Summit and thank all who signed up to assist with this event.
If you’d like to learn more about the Appreciative Inquiry Summit, please reach out to us at email@example.com with “BC Rural Health and Wellness Summit” in the subject line. We are happy to answer your questions.
- BC First Nations and Rural Health and Wellness Summit – 2 pager
- January 2019 Provincial Health Care Partners Retreat Final Report
- Poster Presentation about January 2019 retreat
- Partnersip Pentagram Plus diagram
- Appreciative Inquiry and Deliberate Dialogue diagram
This event is supported by: